Susanville Indian Rancheria is a federally recognized tribe of Washoe, Achomawi (Pit River), Mountain Maidu, Northern Paiute, and Atsugewi (Pit River) Indians.
Official Tribal Name: Susanville Indian Rancheria
Recognition Status: Federally Recognized
Traditional Name / Traditional Meaning:
Common Name / Meaning of Common Name:
Alternate names / Alternate spellings:
Name in other languages:
State(s) Today: California
Reservation: Susanville Indian Rancheria and Off-Reservation Trust Land
Population at Contact:
Registered Population Today:
Tribal Enrollment Requirements:
Name of Governing Body:
Number of Council members:
Dates of Constitutional amendments:
Number of Executive Officers:
Number of fluent Speakers:
Bands, Gens, and Clans
- Alturas Indian Rancheria – Achumawi (Pit River)
- Pit River Tribe – Atsugewi, Hweisedawi (Pit River)
- Big Valley Band of Pomo Indians of the Big Valley Rancheria Pomo and Pit River Indians
- Cahto Tribe of the Laytonville Rancheria Cahto and Pit River Indians.
- Redding Rancheria – Wintun, Achomawi (Pit River), and Yana Indians
- Round Valley Indian Tribes – Yuki, Concow, Little Lake and other Pomo, Nomlaki, Cahto, Wailaki, and Pit River people.
- Susanville Indian Rancheria – Washoe, Achomawi (Pit River), Mountain Maidu, Northern Paiute, and Atsugewi (Pit River) tribes.
- Lytton Rancheria of California (F) Achomawi (Pit River), Nomlaki and Pomo Indians.
- Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians of California (F) Chukchansi, Pomo, and approximately 60 other tribes.
- Round Valley Indian Tribes of the Round Valley Reservation (F) Yuki, Concow, Little Lake and other Pomo, Nomlaki, Cahto, Wailaki, and Pit River peoples.
Ceremonies / Dances:
Modern Day Events & Tourism:
Legends / Oral Stories:
Art & Crafts:
Religion & Spiritual Beliefs:
People of Note:
In the News: