- Comanche Divisions and Bands
- Chickasaw Clans
- Truman Washington Dailey,last native speaker of the Otoe-Missouria dialect of Chiwere
- Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder’s foundation offers to build skate park on Fort Yuma Quechan Reservation
- Native American Day One Step Closer as an Official State Holiday in California
- Cherokee Nation to offer tribal photo IDs in Colorado
- Nooksack Place Names
- Cheyenne Principal Divisions and Bands
- What is an Indian Colony?
- Mountain Spirits
- Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Reservation
- Bois Forte Band of Ojibwe Reservation
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium reaches landmark contract settlement with IHS
- Chipewa Cree tribal leader indicted on multiple charges
- Redskins Stripped Of Trademarks
- Hits: 422
There are 16 indian reservations in the state of Nevada.
Nevada Indian Reservations
Reservation: Duck Valley (Partly in Idaho)
Tribes: Paiute, Western Shoshoni
Established by: Executive orders, Apr. 16, 1877, and May 4, 1886.
Tribes: Chemehuevi, Kaibab, Pawipits, Piaute, Shivwits
Established by: Executive orders, Mar. 12, 1873, and Feb. 12. 1874: act of Mar. 13, 1875 (XVIII, 445); selection approved by the Secretary of the Interior, July 3,1875; Executive order, July 31, 1903.
Reservation: Pyramid Lake
Established by: Executive order, Mar. 23. 1874. (See Sec. 26, Indian appropriation act, approved Apr.20, 1904 (XXXIII, 225)
Reservation: Walker River
Established by: Executive order, Mar. 19, 1874; joint resolution of June 19, 1902 (XXXII, 744): act of May 27, 1902 (XXXII, 245-260): act of Mar. 3, 1903 (XXXII, 982-997); act of June 21, 1906 (XXXII, 325): proclamation of President, Sept. 26, 1906, opening ceded part to settlement. It contains 268,005.84 acres, leaving in diminished reserve 50.809.16 acres. Allotted to 492 Indians, 9,783.25 acres: reserved for agency and school, 80 acres; reserved for cemetery, 40 acres; reserved for grazing, 37,390.29 acres; reserved for timber, 3,355.62 acres; reserved for church purposes, 160 acres. Subject to disposition under President's proclamation, 268,005.84 acres.