There are 18 tribes, 4 bands and 4 councils which comprise the federally recognized Nevada Tribal Governments.
The principle Indian tribes found in Nevada are Shoshone Indians, Paiute Indians, and Washoe Indian tribes.
The Te-Moak Tribe of Western Shoshone Indians includes four bands: the Battle Mountain Band, the Elko Band, the South Fork Band, and the Wells Band.
The Washoe Tribe of Nevada/California includes four councils: the Carson Community Council, the Dresslerville Community Council, the Stewart Community Council, and the Woodfords Community Council.
- Duck Valley
- Yerington Paiute Tribe
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe
- Ely Shoshone Tribe
- Duckwater Reservation
- Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe
- Ft. McDermitt Paiute-Shoshone Tribe
- Confederated Tribes (Goshute Reservation)
- Las Vegas Paiute Tribe
- Lovelock Paiute Tribe
- Moapa River Reservation
- Reno/Sparks Indian Colony
- Summit Lake Paiute Tribe
- Winnemucca Colony
- Walker River Paiute Tribe
- Yomba Shoshone Tribe
- Te-Moak Tribe of Western Shoshone Indians (comprised of the
Battle Mountain Band, Elko Band, South Fork Band, and Wells Band)
- Washoe Tribe of Nevada/California (comprised of the
Carson Community Council, Dresslerville Community Council, Stewart Community Council, and Woodfords Community Council)