- Cherokee Nation to offer tribal photo IDs in Colorado
- Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Reservation
- Bois Forte Band of Ojibwe Reservation
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium reaches landmark contract settlement with IHS
- Redskins Stripped Of Trademarks
- Native Americans Support Consumers Boycotting FedEx Corporation Over Sponsoring Racism in NFL
- Descendants Remember Battle of Little Big Horn
- Lakota students learn nuances of the hoop dance
- Ford American Indian College Fund
- Daughters of the American Revolution American Indian $4,000 Scholarship
- American Bar Association $15,000 Scholarship for Minorities
- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation
- Cocheco Indians
- Remember the Removal Riders commemorate the Trail of Tears
- Two new Indian Casinos proposed in Michigan
Native American tribal colleges and boarding schools
- Hits: 922
Starting in September of 2003 Northwest Indian College has begun offering college courses via video conferencing. It is fairly simple to get set-up for these classes. Northwest Indian College is located on the "Lummi Nation Reservation" in Bellingham, Washington, just south from the Canandian border.
Northwest Indian College offers courses such as English, Science, Mathematics, Arts, and Speech. We are hoping to get a K20 program going again in the near future, which is a "Teacher Preparation" four year course. We have already graduated many native americans in the K20 course and they are now working as productive native american teachers, teaching native americans.
We are very proud of this program and are hoping to get funding to offer this course again. Please visit our website to find out more.
Northwest Indian College Website