- Smallpox, war and American Indians
- Utah’s Navajos are leading a push to create the Bears Ears National Conservation Area
- Government returns confiscated eagle feathers to tribal religious leader after 9 years
- Consensus Classification of California Indian Languages
- Indigenous Languages Spoken in the United States by Location and Number of Fluent Speakers
- 86 languages indigenous to California
- 178 indigenous languages in the US are endangered
- Customs agents lack cultural awareness and respect for Indian tribes along the US-Canadian border
- Tribes prohibiting gay marriage
- Are you related to the Aztecs?
- Tribes Win Landmark Child Welfare Case
- $975,000 grant to get more Native Americans into health care fields
- Pueblo Revolt of 1680
- Tiguex War
- Bloody Island Massacre
Native American tribal colleges and boarding schools
Northwest Indian College offers college courses via video conferencing
- Views: 1266
Starting in September of 2003 Northwest Indian College has begun offering college courses via video conferencing. It is fairly simple to get set-up for these classes. Northwest Indian College is located on the "Lummi Nation Reservation" in Bellingham, Washington, just south from the Canandian border.
Northwest Indian College offers courses such as English, Science, Mathematics, Arts, and Speech. We are hoping to get a K20 program going again in the near future, which is a "Teacher Preparation" four year course. We have already graduated many native americans in the K20 course and they are now working as productive native american teachers, teaching native americans.
We are very proud of this program and are hoping to get funding to offer this course again. Please visit our website to find out more.
Northwest Indian College Website