- Comanche Divisions and Bands
- Chickasaw Clans
- Truman Washington Dailey,last native speaker of the Otoe-Missouria dialect of Chiwere
- Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder’s foundation offers to build skate park on Fort Yuma Quechan Reservation
- Native American Day One Step Closer as an Official State Holiday in California
- Cherokee Nation to offer tribal photo IDs in Colorado
- Nooksack Place Names
- Cheyenne Principal Divisions and Bands
- What is an Indian Colony?
- Mountain Spirits
- Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Reservation
- Bois Forte Band of Ojibwe Reservation
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium reaches landmark contract settlement with IHS
- Chipewa Cree tribal leader indicted on multiple charges
- Redskins Stripped Of Trademarks
Native American tribal colleges and boarding schools
- Hits: 931
Starting in September of 2003 Northwest Indian College has begun offering college courses via video conferencing. It is fairly simple to get set-up for these classes. Northwest Indian College is located on the "Lummi Nation Reservation" in Bellingham, Washington, just south from the Canandian border.
Northwest Indian College offers courses such as English, Science, Mathematics, Arts, and Speech. We are hoping to get a K20 program going again in the near future, which is a "Teacher Preparation" four year course. We have already graduated many native americans in the K20 course and they are now working as productive native american teachers, teaching native americans.
We are very proud of this program and are hoping to get funding to offer this course again. Please visit our website to find out more.
Northwest Indian College Website