- The role of Fort Leavenworth in Nez Perce History
- Senator McCain's record on Indian gaming is complicated
- Beauty and Balance in Turquoise
- Pope plans to make California priest a saint: Is he a Saint or sinner?
- Smallpox, war and American Indians
- String of teenage suicide attempts turning into epedemic
- Utah’s Navajos are leading a push to create the Bears Ears National Conservation Area
- Government returns confiscated eagle feathers to tribal religious leader after 9 years
- Consensus Classification of California Indian Languages
- Indigenous Languages Spoken in the United States by Location and Number of Fluent Speakers
AAA Native Arts Sitemap
Northwest Indian College offers college courses via video conferencing
- Hits: 1295
Starting in September of 2003 Northwest Indian College has begun offering college courses via video conferencing. It is fairly simple to get set-up for these classes. Northwest Indian College is located on the "Lummi Nation Reservation" in Bellingham, Washington, just south from the Canandian border.
Northwest Indian College offers courses such as English, Science, Mathematics, Arts, and Speech. We are hoping to get a K20 program going again in the near future, which is a "Teacher Preparation" four year course. We have already graduated many native americans in the K20 course and they are now working as productive native american teachers, teaching native americans.
We are very proud of this program and are hoping to get funding to offer this course again. Please visit our website to find out more.
Northwest Indian College Website